- 5/6/20: Eight new COVID-19 testing sites will open in Riverside County on Wednesday May 6th. Testing is free and open to everyone, regardless of immigration status. Residents can make an appointment online at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling 888-634-1123. Click here for more information
- 5/6/20: San Bernardino county announced that Victor Valley College (VCC) will serve as a COVID-19 testing site for two weeks, starting on May 4. Appointments can be made online at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling 888-634-1123. Click here for more information.
- 4/30/20: Riverside County’s Public Health Officer is extending his order requiring residents to wear face coverings when outside and to continue practicing social distancing through June 19. Residents are still required to remain in their primary residence under Governor Newsom’s existing “stay at home” order unless they are engaged in an essential business or activity, such as grocery shopping or visiting the doctor. Click here for more information.
- 4/28/20: San Bernardino County opens up criteria for COVID-19 testing. Beginning April 30th, residents 65 and older, healthcare workers, emergency responders, and law enforcement can get tested without displaying symptoms of COVID-19. For testing information, visit the San Bernardino County website.
- 4/24/20: In response to an increasing number of requests for resources, Riverside County released an online map to connect residents to local food resources. Resources include senior meal sites, school district meal sites and food pantries. Click here to find food resources.
- 4/20/20: Testing for COVID-19 has been expanded to all Riverside County residents, including those who do not have any COVID-19 symptoms. In addition, a fifth COVID-19 testing site will be established at the Blythe Fairgrounds on April 22nd. All residents interested in testing must call 800-945-6171 for an appointment. Click here for more information.
- 4/13/20: A fourth drive-up COVID-19 testing site opens in Riverside County on Tuesday, April 14th. The site has been established at the Perris Fairgrounds, located at 18700 Lake Perris Drive. Residents who want to get tested must have symptoms to make an appointment, symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or cough. Residents must call 800-945-6171 to make an appointment. For more information on testing locations, visit the Riverside County Public Health website.
- 4/13/20: San Bernardino County Public Health will conduct a community drive-through event for COVID-19 testing in Montclair on Tuesday, April 14. This event is open to San Bernardino County residents by appointment only. Residents can make an appointment online at http://wp.sbcounty.gov/dph/coronavirus/ at 2 p.m. on Monday, April 13 or by calling (909) 387-3911. Additional community drive-through events are scheduled throughout this month in Yucaipa, Big Bear Lake, Joshua Tree, and Rancho Cucamonga. For more information visit the San Bernardino County website.
- 4/8/20: Arrowhead Regional Medical Center will begin a COVID-19 drive-thru testing site on Thursday, April 9th. Appointments are required. To make an appointment call 855-422-8029. For more information visit Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
- 4/7/20: CalWORKs and CalFresh renewals and SAR 7 status reports do not need to be submitted for March, April or May. This does not apply to Transitional CalFresh or Transitional Nutrition benefits. To access your benefits, visit: c4youself.com or call 877-410-8829 (San Bernardino County) 877-410-8827 (Riverside County).
- 4/7/20: The San Bernardino County’s Acting Health Officer ordered everyone in San Bernardino County to wear a face covering when leaving home. Face coverings may include homemade cloth ear loop covers, bandannas and handkerchiefs, and neck gaiters. Also, orders all religious services to be done electronically, including upcoming Easter celebrations.Click here for more information.
- 4/4/20: The Riverside County Public Health Officer orders the public to stay home and cover their face when leaving, including essential workers. Face coverings can be bandanas, scarves, neck gaiters or other clothing that does not have visible holes. Click here to learn more.
- 4/4/20: The Small Business Association (SBA) is offering forgivable loans that help businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. The loan application period opens on Friday, April 3, 2020. For more information visit the SBA website.
- 3/31/20: San Bernardino County will conduct a drive-thru sample collection event for COVID-19 in the High Desert on April 2nd. This event is open to San Bernardino County residents only. Residents can request an appointment online at sbcovid19.com or by calling (909) 387-3911. For more information on this event visit: http://www.sbcounty.gov/main/default.aspx
- 3/30/20 – A third drive-up COVID-19 testing site opens in Riverside County on April 1st. The site has been established at Harvest Christian Fellowship church in Riverside. Residents must have symptoms to make an appointment, which include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or cough. Residents must call 800-945-6171 to make an appointment. For more information on testing locations, visit the Riverside County Public Health website.
- 3/30/20 – A COVID-19 testing site in Indian Wells will be relocated to the Riverside County Fairgrounds in Indio. The first day of testing at the fairgrounds is Tuesday (March 31). Residents must have symptoms to make an appointment, which include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or cough. Appointments must be scheduled by calling 800-945-6171. For more information on testing locations, visit the Riverside County Public Health website.
- 3/27/20: San Bernardino County Public Health will conduct a drive-thru specimen collection for COVID-19 on Friday, March 27. The specimen collection for COVID-19 testing will be available for the public by appointment only. Appointment sign-up and details will be available on the county website.
- 3/25/20: COVID-19 testing for IEHP Members is now available at SAC Health Systems in San Bernardino. IEHP Members must call (909) 771-2911 to schedule a telephone appointment with a Doctor. The Doctor will evaluate the Member and determine if they need COVID-19 testing and will provide details on how to obtain testing.
- 3/20/2020: Governor Newsom announces a statewide order for residents to “stay at home,” excluding essential entities which include grocery stores, take-out and delivery and health care organizations. IEHP is an essential entity and will continue operations to support our Members and Providers through telephonic contact only. OUR BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED TO NON-EMPLOYEES. We highly encourage you (our Members and Providers) to call us if you need any services or have any questions. Continue to visit our website for frequent updates.
- 3/19/2020: IEHP Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Hansberger, has an important message for our Members in the Coachella Valley region about the COVID-19 situation and ways for them to protect their health. Click here.
- 3/18/2020: To help our IEHP Members stay home and avoid public places, we encourage Members to use mail order delivery service for both new and refill prescriptions. By using this service, Members can get medicines mailed to their home at no cost by using standard shipping.
- 3/13/2020: We are requesting when you (including Members, Providers, Community Partners, Vendors, and all Visitors) need IEHP services, please call IEHP or your IEHP contact directly to get the help you need. If you must visit IEHP in person, please ensure that you do not have a fever, cough or breathing problem.
- 3/13/2020: All classes and events at IEHP’s Community Resource Centers are canceled until further notice for the protection and safety of our community during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We apologize for any inconvenience and expect to resume classes as soon as possible.
A message from our Chief Medical Officer
Local ResourcesSan Bernardino County 2-1-1
San Bernardino County Wic
Riverside County Wic