IEHP DualChoice Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)
What is IEHP DualChoice Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)?
IEHP DualChoice is a Cal MediConnect Plan. A Cal MediConnect Plan is an organization made up of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, providers of long-term services and supports, behavioral health providers, and other providers. It also has care coordinators and care teams to help you manage all your providers and services. They all work together to provide the care you need.
What is the goal of this program?
The goal is to improve care by integrating the following healthcare services:
- Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits
- Long-term care
- Behavioral health
- Home and community-based services (HCBS) such as Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS) and Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP).
Who is eligible for IEHP DualChoice?
People who have both Medicare and Medi-Cal. For a complete list of who is included or excluded, visit Who Qualifies?
Plans and Benefits
IEHP DualChoice integrates healthcare services to better coordinate care and improve health. Visit What Services are Covered to learn more.
How to Enroll
To enroll, please call:
- IEHP DualChoice Medicare Team at 1-800-741-IEHP (4347), 8am-8pm (PST), 7 days a week, including holidays. TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-718-4347, OR
- Health Care Options (HCO) at 1-844-580-7272, 8am – 5pm (PST), Monday – Friday. TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-430-7077.
For more information, visit the DHCS website. By clicking on this link, you will be leaving the IEHP DualChoice website. You may also call IEHP DualChoice for help at 1-877-273-IEHP (4347), 8am – 8pm (PST), 7 days a week, including holidays. TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-718-4347 (4347).
- Plan Benefits and Cost-Sharing: Find out about plan benefits which are the types of medical care that are covered. Also view information on cost-sharing which is how much you will pay for services or prescription drugs, including monthly plan premium and co-payment.
- Part D Prescription Drugs: Get information on pharmacy benefits, IEHP network pharmacies, out-of-network coverage, pharmacy transition process, drug utilization management, prescription mail order, and medication therapy management.
- Provider Access Information: Learn about network providers, primary care providers, specialists and how to choose a provider in our network. Read about our quality assurance activities and find out what happens if your doctor leaves our plan.
- Grievances, Coverage Determination and Appeals Process: Find out what to do if you have a problem or complaint about your medical care or Part D.
- Helpful Information: View your rights and responsibilities upon disenrollment and as a Member of IEHP. You will also find important forms for 2018 such as our Privacy Notice, Plan Transition Process and the section of CMS' website regarding Best Available Evidence.
- Service Area: Find out which zip codes in Riverside and San Bernardino counties are included in our service area.
IEHP DualChoice Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) is a Health Plan that contracts with both Medicare and Medi-Cal to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees.
Information on this page is current as of October 15, 2018.