Heat Advisory Notice for Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
Excessive heat warning issued for Riverside and San Bernardino Counties remains in effect through 8 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
Residents in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties can expect dangerously hot conditions with temperatures up to 104.
Extreme heat will significantly increase the potential for heat-related illnesses, particularly among those working or participating in outdoor activities.
Follow these important safety tips, including staying hydrated by drinking lots of water and, if possible, remaining inside air-conditioned buildings.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid alcoholic, sugary or caffeinated drinks.
- Wear lightweight and light-colored clothing.
- Never leave kids or pets unattended in cars.
- If you must be outdoors, avoid the hottest parts of the day from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 911.
Most public libraries or civic centers operate as cooling centers across the I.E.
For San Bernardino County cooling centers, visit: https://www.inlandsocaluw.org/cool-places-to-go-2022
For Riverside County cooling centers, visit: https://www.capriverside.org/Cool-Centers
Stay Safe. Stay cool. Drink water.