California Advancing and Innovating Medi‐Cal (CalAIM)
According to the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), California Advancing and Innovating Medi‐Cal (CalAIM) is a long‐term commitment to transform and strengthen Medi‐Cal, offering Californians a more equitable, coordinated, and person‐centered approach to maximizing their health and life trajectory.1
DHCS Goals For CalAIM 2
- Identify and manage comprehensive needs through whole person care approaches and social drivers of health.
- Improve quality outcomes, reduce health disparities, and transform the delivery system through value-based initiatives, modernization, and payment reform.
- Make Medi‐Cal a more consistent and seamless system for enrollees to navigate by reducing complexity and increasing flexibility.
- DHCS CalAIM page
- DHCS CalAIM Transformation Infographic (PDF)
- DHCS Medi-Cal Alignment Primer (PDF)
- IEHP Enhanced Care Management
- IEHP Enhanced Care Management (Member Page)
- IEHP Community Support Services
- IEHP Community Support Services (Member Page)