Help Members Keep their Medi-Cal Coverage
The Annual Eligibility Redetermination (AER), also known as the Medi-Cal Renewal process, is currently underway across our state. This initiative is the biggest challenge facing the Medi-Cal program in its history.
Up to 400,000 IEHP Members could potentially lose their Medi-Cal coverage if they don't complete the necessary renewal paperwork on time.
The impact on Providers across the entire healthcare system will be significant, potentially resulting in:
- Increased use of the emergency department for primary care
- Decreased capacity of bed availability
- Delays in hospital discharges while awaiting coverage
- Increased length of stay for patients with delayed preventative or chronic care
- Increased cost of care
- Interruptions of ongoing care
However, with every challenge comes opportunities to help our collective health care mission and partnership grow even stronger.
IEHP takes this challenge seriously and we are committed to helping Members keep their Medi-Cal coverage and Providers keep their assigned Members without interruption.
Resources to Help with the Medi-Cal Renewal Process
The following resources for Providers offer more information about the Medi-Cal Renewal process and tools to help your office proactively engage and encourage Members to renew their Medi-Cal coverage on time.
Medi-Cal Renewal Flyers and Provider Information
- IEHP Medi-Cal Renewal Flyer for Members PDF – (English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese)
- Annual Eligibility Renewal (AER) FAQs
- Medi-Cal Redetermination PowerPoint presentation - (Providers and IPAs)
- Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) Toolkits – Medi-Cal Continuous Coverage Requirement
IEHP Eligibility Renewal Support Team
IEHP’s Eligibility Renewal Support team is here to answer calls from Members needing more one-on-one support during the Medical-Renewal process!
- Application print outs
- Online submissions via BenefitsCal.com
- Assistance in connecting with the appropriate county department
- Serving as a centralized eligibility hub for all eligibility-related issues (on hold, disenrolled, out of area, etc.)
- Helping Members update contact information (national change of address, undeliverable address, etc.)
Please let your patients and our Members know that additional application support is just a phone call away.
IEHP Eligibility Renewal Support Team Hotline
- Phone and Hours of Operation: 1-888-860-1296, Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm (PST)
- Additional information for IEHP Members
Additional Communication from IEHP
IEHP’s Medi-Cal Renewal specific Provider Communication is provided here for your convenience as well as here on our Correspondence page:
- June 15, 2023 - Medi-Cal Renewal Date Does NOT Override Member's Eligibility Status (PDF)
- June 09, 2023 - URGENT: What can I do to help patients keep their Medi-Cal (PDF)
- May 04, 2023 - New: Annual Medi-Cal Eligibility Renewal (AER) Roster Now Available to Download Under CSV! (PDF)
- April 17, 2023 - Now Live! Annual Medi-Cal Eligibility Renewal (AER) Alerts and Roster! (PDF)
- April 06, 2023 - Phone Number CORRECTION: IEHP Eligibility Renewal Support Team First Round of Yellow Medi-Cal Renewal Packets Mailed to Members! (PDF)
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files. You can download a free copy by clicking here.