If you’re a foster parent, IEHP applauds you. You’re giving a child a chance at a better life and a better future. Many children enter foster care with a list of physical or behavioral health concerns. Due to changing placements, these concerns often go untreated. By speeding up the process to see a doctor, the Open Access Program makes it simple for your child to get ongoing medical care. No matter where you live in the Inland Empire, your child can see any doctor in the network. Plus, our program gives your child many services you won’t find with the Regular Medi-Cal system.
Open Access Program
How Open Access makes it simpler for your child to get healthcare:
- Your child can see any PCP in our large network.
- You can switch doctors any time, for any reason. IEHP will help you find one. Call 1-800-440-IEHP (4347) / TTY 1-800-718-IEHP (4347).
- The Program gives your doctor a record of your child’s health history (shots, medicines, checkups) so there’s no guesswork.
- If you misplaced your IEHP Member ID Card or Beneficiary Identification Card (BIC), an Open Access doctor can go online and quickly confirm your child’s eligibility.
You and your child get extra services at no cost:
- Keep your child feeling well with no-cost Wellness Programs like asthma or diabetes.
- Keep your child safe and healthy and get extras a parent enjoy like an infant car seat, children’s vitamins and a bicycle helmet.
- A team helps you care for your child with a chronic illness. Working with your child’s doctor, we call you, making sure your child gets the right care. We even lend a hand if things like doctor visits, lab tests or medicine pile up.
To get more information about the Open Access Program call an IEHP Foster Care Specialist at 1-800-706-IEHP (4347), Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.