Do you identify as Transgender or Gender Diverse?
You are not alone. The transgender and gender diverse population of the Inland Empire has been estimated at almost 27,000 people. At Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP), we want you to get all the care you need with the respect you deserve. IEHP covers all medically necessary Medi-Cal covered Gender Health services. IEHP has Doctors and Specialist who have experience in gender health services. To find out more information, call IEHP Member Services at 1-800-440-IEHP (4347), Monday–Friday, 7am–7pm, and Saturday–Sunday, 8am–5pm. TTY users should call 1-800-718-4347.
How to Get Started
See your IEHP PCP on a regular basis.
- If you have not seen your Doctor yet or in a long time, set up a visit today. Your Doctor, the key to your overall health care, knows your health history and helps make sure you get the care you need.
- Your Doctor can refer you to Specialists, if needed. This includes any gender health options that meet your medical needs, so share your treatment goals with your Doctor.
- You can change your IEHP Doctor at any time.
Talk to your Doctor about these Gender Health Benefits:
- Behavioral Health Services
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Surgeries and Procedures
IEHP has a dedicated team of Care Managers who are familiar with Gender Health services and are ready to help with:
- Referrals to see a specialist
- Getting medical supplies
- Getting medicines
- Connecting you to community resources
IEHP also provides non-clinical resources such as:
- Care Coordination
- Community and Legal Resources
- Demographic updates
- Family Support Groups
For education and training on gender health care, please access the following resources:
- Gender Health Brochure for Adults (PDF)
- Gender Health Brochure for Children (For Parents and Children under 18) (PDF)
- Clinical Guidelines (PDF)
- LGBTQ Resources (PDF)