IEHP DualChoice, a Medicare Medi-Cal Plan, allows you to get your covered Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits through our plan. Our plan includes doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, providers of long-term services and supports, behavioral health providers, and other providers. It also has care coordinators and care teams to help you manage all your providers and services. They all work together to provide the care you need.
IEHP DualChoice (HMO D-SNP) helps make your Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits work better together and work better for you. Some of the advantages include:
- You can work with us for all of your health care needs.
- You have a care team that you help put together. Your care team may include yourself, your caregiver, doctors, nurses, counselors, or other health professionals.
- You have access to a care coordinator. This is a person who works with you, with our plan, and with your care team to help make a care plan.
- Your care team and care coordinator work with you to make a care plan designed to meet your health needs. The care team helps coordinate the services you need. For example, this means that your care team makes sure:
- Your doctors know about all the medicines you take so they can make sure you’re taking the right medicines and can reduce any side effects you may have from the medicines.
- Your test results are shared with all of your doctors and other providers, as appropriate