CorrespondencesPlease see the following PDF links below.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files. You can download a free copy by clicking here.
Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
The MACRA Act of 2015, mandates Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to remove Social Security Numbers (SSN) from all Medicare cards to address the risk of Medicare beneficiary medical identity theft. CMS will mail out new Medicare Cards to Medicare Beneficiaries starting April 2018 through April 2019.
By clicking on the CMS web links below, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
For more information regarding the new Medicare cards, please visit https://www.cms.gov/medicare/new-medicare-card/nmc-home.html.
For an overview of the new Medicare cards, please visit https://www.cms.gov/medicare/new-medicare-card/.
New Medicare card resources:
- New Medicare Card: Information for Partners & Stakeholders (PPT)
- You're getting a new Medicare card! (PDF)
- New Card! New Number! (PDF)
- "10 Things to Know About Your New Medicare Card" (PDF)
- "New Medicare Cards are Coming!" (Video)
- Your New Medicare Card: Information for People with Medicare (PPT)
For additional resources regarding the new Medicare cards, please visit https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/New-Medicare-Card/Partners-and-Employers/Partners-and-Employers.html.You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files. You can download a free copy by clicking here.
Don't miss out on the latest news! The Heartbeat, IEHP's Provider Newsletter; ScrubTalk, Provider Staff Newsletter; keep you in the know about our newest programs, incentive opportunities, study results, and more.
Proposition 56, the California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016, now includes proposed supplemental payments for physicians participating in Medi-Cal Fee-For-Service (FFS) and Medi-Cal Managed Care.
- Proposition 56 Notice (PDF)
- Proposition 56 Extension Notice SFY 18/19 (PDF)
- Proposition 56 FAQs (PDF)
- Proposition 56 FAQs SFY 18/19 (PDF)
- Prop56 - Paid Claims Dispute Request Form (PDF)
- Prop56 - Encounter Dispute Request Form (PDF)
Please email completed forms to Prop56Inquiry@iehp.org or fax to (909) 296-3550.You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files. You can download a free copy by clicking here.
Public Health AdvisoryBy clicking on these links, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
Visit Riverside County Public Health System to view all of RCPH advisories.
Visit San Bernardino County's Public Health to view all SBCPH news releases,
Read APL 17-009 (PDF) and DPL 17-002 (PDF) for information regarding Provider-Preventable Conditions. Visit Reporting of Provider Preventable Conditions for DHCS instructions for online reporting. By clicking on these links, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON)
In the event any Medicare recipient has been in a status of outpatient observation for greater than 24 hours, Acute Hospitals are required to provide Medicare Members with a Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON). Medicare recipients must receive the MOON within 36 hours of admission to observation level of care.
Please refer to the following website for further details on MOON requirements at https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/08/22/2016-18476/medicare-program-hospital-inpatient-prospective-payment-system-for-acute-care-hospitals-etc. By clicking on this link, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
- MOON FAQs (PDF)
- MOON Instruction Summary (PDF)
- CMS Manual System 10611_Pub 100-04 Medicare Claims Processing MOON Instructions (PDF)
- MOON Forms
- MOON Correspondence (PDF)
Cal MediConnect Quality Withhold Measures
- Cal MediConnect Quality Withhold Measures (PDF)
- California Quality Withhold Measures for DY 2 to 5 (PDF)
- Core Quality Withhold Measures for DY 2 to 5 (PDF)
The flu season is upon us and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published the updated recommendations regarding the use of influenza vaccine. Vaccine manufacturers are expected to provide adequate vaccines this year.
To assist you, IEHP will continually update you on the latest recommendations, news and resources on these flu viruses. As the flu season progresses, you may see an increase in office visits from the Members with flu-like symptoms - and if they are unable to reach you after hours, refer them to our 24-hour Nurse Advice Line, 7 days a week, including holidays at (888) 244-IEHP (4347).
- Careful Antibiotic Use (PDF)
- Pediatric Clinical Practice Guideline Summary (PDF)
- Adult Clinical Practice Guideline Summary (PDF)
Web ResourcesBy clicking on these links, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
ImmunizationsBy clicking on these links, you will be leaving the IEHP website.
- CDC ACIP Vaccine Recommendations and Guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/acip-recs/index.html
- CDC ACIP Immunization Schedule for Children: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/child-adolescent.html
- CDC ACIP Immunization Schedule for Adults: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/adult.html
- USPSTF Task Force's Immunization Recommendations: https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/BrowseRec/Search?s=immunization
- California Immunization Registry Portal (CAIR): https://cair.cdph.ca.gov/CAPRD/portalInfoManager.do
- Immunization Timing 2018 (PDF)