Dealing with a disease or an illness can be overwhelming. IEHP has free programs available to help you manage your condition and take control of your health.
Managing your Illness
IEHP Family Asthma Program
To control your asthma, you need a good plan to manage your symptoms. Knowing your triggers using your peak flow meter regularly and using an Asthma Action Plan are great steps towards better asthma management. To learn more checkout our FREE Family Asthma Classes!
The IEHP Family Asthma Program offers free asthma education and self-management strategies to IEHP Members and community members to better manage their asthma. The program consists of an interactive Family Asthma Class. The Family Asthma Class is held at least twice a month at different community sites throughout San Bernardino and Riverside County.
Family Asthma Class
Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Ages: Any age if diagnosed with asthma (anyone under 18 years must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
What do you get from our Family Asthma Classes?
- You will learn how to use asthma self-management tools such as a spacer, peak flow meter and an Asthma Action Plan.
- Learn how to identify, avoid and reduce asthma triggers in your environment.
- Asthma Classes offer social support and an opportunity to share and learn from the experiences of others.
Health Talk is where we share ways to keep you feeling well. Whether you're interested in staying healthy or want to learn how to manage a health condition, we’ve got something for you. We share resources, facts and support your doctor’s advice – all in a way that’s friendly and easy to follow. So, join us on Health Talk, a podcast presented by IEHP, your Inland Empire Health Plan.
- Healthy Heart Booklet (PDF)
- Staying Healthy with Asthma (PDF)
- Asthma Brochure (PDF)
- Diabetes Brochure (PDF)
- Quit Smoking Self Care Guide (PDF)
- Staying Healthy with Diabetes (PDF)
- Protecting Children from Secondhand Smoke (American Indian) - PDF
- Protecting Children from Secondhand Smoke (African American) - PDF
- Protecting Children from Secondhand Smoke (Hispanic) PDF